PwnTillDawn Battlefield Rules and Restrictions
PwnTillDawn Battlefield has been created to bring fun and coolness to Cyber Security as well as provide a place where people can learn and express safely their passion. However, it also comes with a set of rules and restrictions to ensure this place stays fun and usable.
The following is a list of restrictions. Infringements may result in sanctions such as being banned from PwnTillDawn up to legal actions!
- No attacking the PwnTillDawn infrastructure (this includes the VPN gateway, the CTF platform app, etc). If bugs or vulnerabilities are found, please alert our team at email@example.com.
- No attacking other participants. Such action is considered as hacking and computer crime and will be reported relevant authorities.
- Absolutely no sabotaging of other participants, or in any way hindering their independent progress.
- No brute forcing of challenge flag/ keys against the scoring site.
- DoSing the CTF platform or any of the challenges is forbidden.
- Attacking machines outside the range 10.150.150.10 to 10.150.150.254 is strictly prohibited.
- The following cannot be used or performed within the PwnTillDawn Battlefield Network *:
- Spoofing (IP, ARP, DNS, NBNS, etc)
- Commercial tools or services (Metasploit Pro, Burp Pro, etc.)
- Mass vulnerability scanners (e.g. Nessus, NeXpose, OpenVAS, Canvas, Core Impact, etc.)
- Example Forbidden tools: Nessus Home & PRO, BurpSuite PRO Scanner, Acunetix, NeXpose, OpenVAS, Canvas, Core Impact, SAINT, Metasploit Pro, Netsparker, OWASP ZAP Scanner, ….
- It is strictly forbidden to share or post on the web the solution (e.g. writeups) or any information about the CTF vulnerable machines. PwnTillDawn Battlefield is meant for people to learn.
- Do not use your work/personal computer to access the PwnTillDawn network. Instead, create a dedicated virtual machine that is properly isolated from your physical machine.
* You may, however, use tools such as Nmap (and its scripting engine), SQLmap, Nikto, Metasploit Community Edition, Burp Free, DirBuster etc. against any of your target systems.